The prosecutors have heard so far roughly 1,180 witnesses and 560 injured persons and civil parties in the file wherein the criminal prosecution is carried out in connection with the organisation, the leadership, the way of intervention of the gendarmes against the protesters who have participated in the 10 august 2018 rally in downtown Victoriei Square of Bucharest.
“In view of establishing the facts, so far were heard approximately 1,180 witnesses, 560 injured persons/civil parties, some of whom submitting documents and medical records on the injures suffered. Likewise, administered were, in part the evidence they asked for, the storage media containing images recorded during the events were viewed, both those that were submitted to the file by the injured persons and those sent by the public order bodies or other legal entities,” informs a release by the Prosecutor’s Office attached to the High Court of Cassation and Justice (ICCJ or Supreme Court, ed. n.) sent on Monday to AGERPRES.
According to PICCJ, a physical-chemical expertise of the tear irritating substances used by the force orders during the intervention is undergoing.
“The military prosecutors made steps for the declassification of the documents carried out by the structures with attributions and having acted on 10 August 2018, part of which documents being already declassified and forwarded to the criminal prosecution bodies to be considered for the settlement of the case,” the PICCJ release adds.
Badulescu, leaving the Prosecutor’s Office where he was heard regarding the violent actions of August 10: I am tired to be considered by people as part of certain events that took place on that day
Bucharest Deputy Mayor Aurelian Badulescu stated on Monday, when exiting the Prosecutor’s Office, where he was heard again after he stated he lied at the hearings on the violent actions of 10 August, that he is tired to be considered by people as part of those events and provided prosecutors with information “that attract liability on certain events or lead to the understanding of certain ways of action”.
Badulescu says prosecutors must be let to continue their investigation.
“I explained to the prosecutors that I am tired to be considered by people on street as part of certain events that took place on that day. Things must be clarified, therefore I believe these statements are welcomed and they can only clarify the course of the investigation”, Aurelian Badulescu stated when leaving the Prosecutor’s Office.
He reiterated the idea that he stated before that he lied when he was heard on the violent actions of August 10 in order to be a vector that draws attention.
“The issue with the lie is related to a metaphor, or a vector to draw attention. (…) We have to be a little bit patient, to let the criminal investigation bodies do their job, and all of us understand what happened then. I told the prosecutors what I knew, but during these hours of hearings I underlined the issues that attract the liability on certain events or lead to the understanding of certain ways of action during that evening”, Badulescu added.
Bucharest Deputy Mayor Aurelian Badulescu came on Monday to the Prosecutor’s Office to be heard after his statements according to which he lied in the previous hearings on the violent actions that took place at the protest of August 10, 2018.
He mentioned he will complement the statements he has already gave and distributed some pages to