POLITICS

Klaus Iohannis rejects the reshuffling of the three ministers: I have analysed the entire situation and in my opinion this Government reshuffle is a sort of farce

President Klaus Iohannis announced on Tuesday that he rejects the proposed reshuffling of the three ministers because the three nominees are not suitable for the office of minister. The President pointed out that he will not take note of the three resignations either until the successors of the resigning ministers are known. Klaus Iohannis stated that he had a phone conversation with Premier Viorica Dancila and he asked her to come up with new nominees or to nominate acting ministers.

“I have analysed the entire situation and in my opinion this Government reshuffle is a sort of farce. It has absolutely nothing to do with improving the act of governance, even though we would need this; it has absolutely nothing to do with the agenda of the Romanians or the agenda of Romania, it is caused rather by the settling of accounts within the PSD. Consequently, I believe that this whole reshuffle is inappropriate,” President Iohannis stated.

On the other hand, the Head of State said that three resignations have been tendered and “obviously, at one point, these three persons will leave.”

“However, the three nominations made to replace the outgoing ministers are nominations with which I disagree. These are persons ill suited for the office of minister and, consequently, I do not accept this Government reshuffle as proposed to me. Nevertheless, in order to move on, I have had a phone conversation with the Prime Minister, and I have asked her to nominate other persons to take over the three portfolios, or to nominate acting ministers until the PSD comes up with nominations that I can accept,” Klaus Iohannis added.

Answering a question, the President said that the Premier told him she will come up with a solution, adding that they did not discuss a deadline.

“I will not take note of these resignations until I know who the persons who will take over the portfolios are. (…) I have told the Premier that when she has a nomination she should contact and notify me,” the President added.

Asked about the reasons the reasons for his decision to reject the Government reshuffle, Iohannis said: “The persons are simply not prepared, they lack the attitude required to hold these offices.”

 

Iohannis says possible  Gov’t restructuring in Parliament, attempt to bypass him , vows to consider legal action

 

President Klaus Iohannis said on Tuesday about a possible restructuring of the government in Parliament that it would be an attempt to bypass him, vowing to consider legal action when and if that happened.

“For now, we are in a situation of a requested reshuffle that I have just declined in principle. If at this stage, before I write any answer or decree, Parliament is trying a restructuring, then we will see if they succeed in Parliament, but this is what I would treat as an attempt to bypass the president; I will see with the specialist department what legal action would then be advised,” Iohannis said at the Cotroceni Presidential Palace.

Last week, Prime Minister Viorica Dancila submitted to Iohannis the picks for the new ministers of justice, European funds and minister for Romanian abroad.

Her recommendation for justice minister is MP Eugen Nicolicea; for the minister of European funds is MP Oana Florea, and for the minister of Romanians abroad is senator Tit-Liviu Brailoiu.

She also sent to the Presidential Administration a proposal to remove from office Justice Minister Tudorel Toader, and the resignations of Minister of European Funds Rovana Plumb, and the Minister for Romanians Abroad Natalia Intotero.

 

Toader: I’m not “at war” with anyone, it’s just that I can’t accept the many falsehoods seen lately

 

Outgoing Justice Minister Tudorel Toader wrote on Facebook, on Tuesday, that he is not at war with anyone, referring to the numerous clarifications he has made lately, nevertheless underscoring that he cannot accept “the many falsehoods seen lately.”

“Another simple clarification! With these replies, I’m not “at war” with anyone, it’s just that I can’t accept the many falsehoods seen lately!”, Tudorel Toader wrote on Facebook.

The minister has once again resorted to the post scripta that have made him known among internet users, post scripta according to which he will delete his postings within one hour.

Also on Tuesday, Tudorel Toader responded to Transport Minister Razvan Cuc’s statements about the “ordinance on procurements.” The Transport Minister said that he received a series of observations from the Justice Ministry, including the need to obtain the CSAT’s endorsement. Toader said that the ministry’s letter did not request any such endorsement.

Outgoing Justice Minister Tudorel Toader wrote on his Facebook page last Saturday that the Justice Ministry did not delay or block any bill endorsement procedure.

Last Wednesday, PSD leaders decided to withdraw their political support for Justice Minister Tudorel Toader. After several meetings with Premier Dancila, and after the dismissal request was sent to the Cotroceni Palace, Toader posted his resignation on Facebook last Thursday evening.

Related posts

USL asks Basescu to resign

Nine O' Clock

Sevil Shhaideh, new Minister of Development

PNL’s Orban: We prefer to submit the motion of censure and dismiss the Ponta Government before DNA does it

Nine O' Clock

Leave a Comment