- Norway has a population of 5.3 million people living on a territory slightly larger than Romania.
- Norway has the second longest coastline in the world, perfect for shipping, fishing and aquaculture.
- The oceans are both a way of life and a way to make a living, as our geography, history and economy is strongly linked to the sea.
- Norway is one of the founding fathers of NATO and has been a reliable ally ever since its conception in 1949.
- Norway is not a member, but very closely aligned with the EU through the EEA Agreement and Schengen, making significant contributions to social and economic cohesion in Europe.
- At the heart of Norway’s liberal democratic system lies the core values of equality, tolerance and universal human rights.
- Norwegian society is built on trust and political consensus.
- Sustainability is fully integrated in the management of our significant natural resources.
- Norway has been ranked as one of the happiest countries in the world for several consecutive years.
Trident Juncture 18 in Norway and the surrounding areas of the North Atlantic and the Baltic Sea 25 October to 7 November 2018. Around 50,000 participants, around 250 aircraft, 65 vessels and up to 10,000 vehicles from some 30 NATO and partner countries.