BUSINESS COMPANIES DEFENCE ECONOMY

Plopeni Mechanical Plant will produce Beretta weapons in six months, according to a memorandum signed at Bucharest

Plopeni Mechanical Plant, a branch of Romarm, signed on Monday a Memorandum of Understanding with the Italian company Beretta, based on which it will produce Beretta assault weapons in six months.

These weapons have already been tested by the Ministry of Defense.

The memorandum was  signed in the presence of the Minister of Economy, Niculae Badalau, by Franco Gussalli Beretta, President of Beretta Holding and Tiberiu Alexandru Pirvu, general manager of the Plopeni Mechanical Plant.

Invited to participate in this event were Minister of National Defence Gabriel-Beniamin Les, Minister of Interior Carmen Dan, and Italian Ambassador in Bucharest Marco Giungi.

Around 300 employees are currently working at Plopeni, and the partnership with Beretta will allow to create 150 more direct jobs.

“At Plopeni, we will be able to produce a modern, state-of-the-art weapon. We will make a Romanian product, even if it is branded Beretta”, stated the Economy Minister Niculae Badalau.

The Romanian state will hold 80% of the joint venture, through the Plopeni Mechanical Plant, while Beretta Holding will hold the remaining 20%.

In addition, a joint venture will be set up in the near future. An offset agreement in value of EUR 6.5 million, will also be concluded; the amount will be invested in Plopeni by the Italian company, to modernize the plant.

“The works will start gradually; Beretta will help Romarm to produce the parts. Meanwhile, it will help them finish the weapons”, stated, in his turn, Franco Gussalli Beretta, the President of Beretta Holding.

Related posts

MFP: Budget deficit of 0.59 percent into February, incomes up 21.3 percent, spending up 38.5 percent

Nine O' Clock

EUR 373 M for heating infrastructure, electricity and natural gas transmission infrastructure

Nine O' Clock

DefMin Les: F-16 National Air Police Service to be operational on 14 March

NINE O'CLOCK

Leave a Comment