As the end of Mercury in Retrograde, which astrologists say influences forgetfulness, is almost here, Uber continues its tradition and releases the fourth annual Lost & Found Index.
The Index provides a snapshot of both the Romanian riders’ most commonly forgotten items and most unique lost items – from keys and phones, to vacuum cleaners and black wings. It also highlights which cities are most forgetful, which times of day and days of the week folks forget items most, and of course, tips on how to get to reunite with their favorite lost items.
Most of us know what realizing we’ve left something behind in a taxi, plane, bus, or train means. That moment of panic when you realize that the item is not with you anymore and the chances of getting it back are slim. So, let’s take a moment to read about the usual and not so unusual things left behind in Ubers each day, whose owners were lucky enough to contact their drivers and get them back.
The 10 Most Commonly Forgotten Items in Romania:
- Phone or camera
- Water bottle/bottle/thermos
- Vape/ e-cig
The 10 Most Unique Lost Items in Romania
- An electric screwdriver
- A demijohn
- A grandma
- An engagement ring
- A vacuum cleaner
- And air mattress & a pump
- A poker kit
- A plush panda
- A vacuum cleaner pipe
- A longboard
- A cake
- Black wings
- A religious painting
- A 10-15 cm green plush crocodile
- An etwow scooter
- A bag of screws
- A baby stroller
The 10 Most “Forgetful” Cities in Romania:
Most Forgetful Days / Times:
- Uber riders in Romania are most forgetful on Thursdays and Fridays, and late at night.
- People are most forgetful at 16, 12 and 17
- Some of the most forgetful days of the year were November 15th 2019, the 6th, 7th & 15th of December 2019 and New Year’s Day 2020.
Lost items that peak on certain days:
- People are most likely to forget cash on Mondays
- People are most likely to forget their lighter on Tuesdays & Sundays
- People are most likely to forget their ID on Wednesdays & Thursdays
- People are most likely to forget their umbrella on Fridays
- People are most likely to forget their vape /e-cig on Saturdays
Top 10 Most Forgetful Countries in Europe:
- Czech Republic
Top 10 Most Forgetful European capitals:
- Rome, Italy
- Madrid, Spain
- Oslo, Norway
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Warsaw, Poland
- Helsinki, Finland
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Athens, Greece
- Brussels, Belgium
- Vienna, Austria
How to retrieve lost items:
If you’re one of those people who left something behind, look no further than this video, which outlines the simple steps you can take the next time you leave something behind in your Uber.
The best way to retrieve a lost item is to call the driver – but if you leave your phone itself in an Uber, you can login to your account on a computer. Here’s what to do:
- Tap “Your Trips” and select the trip where you left something
- Tap “I lost an item”
- Tap “Contact driver about a lost item”
- Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted at. Tap submit.
- If you lost your personal phone, enter a friend’s phone number (you can do this by logging into your account on a computer, or using a friend’s phone).
- Your phone will ring and connect you directly with your driver’s mobile number.
- If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet for its return to you.
- If your driver doesn’t pick up, leave a detailed voicemail describing your item and the best way to contact you.