A number of 328 new coronavirus cases have been registered in the last 24 hours, the Strategic Communication Group announced on Sunday.
Until Sunday, 8,746 cases of persons infected with COVID-19 (coronavirus) were confirmed in Romania.
Of the positively confirmed people, 1,892 were declared cured and discharged from hospital.
At this moment, 256 patients are admitted to intensive care.
At the same time, 434 people diagnosed with COVID-19 infection have died, admitted to hospitals in Dolj, Bucharest, Iasi, Suceava, Arad, Bacau, Timis, Cluj, Neamt, Hunedoara, Constanta, Satu Mare, Sibiu, Ialomita, Bistrita-Nasaud, Covasna, Dambovita, Vrancea, Galati, Caras-Severin, Mures, Giurgiu, Bihor, Arges, Vaslui, Botosani, Alba, Salaj, Brasov, Mehedinti, Teleorman and Gorj.
Romania’s death toll reaches 445
Another 11 people have died from the new coronavirus, with the total number of deaths reaching 445, the Strategic Communication Group announced on Sunday.
* Death 435 – woman, 58 years old from Ialomita County. Hospitalized in Slobozia County Emergency Hospital on 10.04.2020. Positive result on 15.04.2020, necroptic fragments. Died on 10.04.2020.
* Death 436 – man, 56 years old from Arad County. Admitted to the Arad County Emergency Hospital, the Infectious Diseases section on 17.04.2020. Positive result on 18.04.2020. Died on 18.04.2020. Comorbidities: Hemiplegia, a malignant bronchopulmonary tumor.
* Death 437 – woman, 64 years old from Sibiu County. Hospitalized in Sibiu County Emergency Hospital on 17.04.2020. Positive result on 18.04.2020. Died on 17.04.2020. Comorbidities: Chronic ischemic heart disease.
* Death 438 – woman, 77 years old from Bucharest. Admitted to the University Emergency Hospital Bucharest, the cardiology department on 17.03-02.04.2020, transferred to Colentina Hospital. Positive result on 03.04.2020. Died on 18.04.2020. Comorbidities: Congenital heart failure, dyslipidemia.
* Death 439 – man, 70 years old from Timis County. Admitted to the Timisoara County Emergency Hospital on 17.04.2020. Positive result on 18.04.2020. Died on 19.04.2020. Comorbidities: Diabetes, respiratory insufficiency, chronic ethylism.
* Death 440 – man, 71 years old from Hunedoara County. Admitted to the Deva County Emergency Hospital, the oncology department on 19.03.2020. Positive result on 30.03.2020. Died on 18.04.2020. Comorbidities: Rectal neoplasm, electromechanical dissociation.
* Death 441 – woman, 94 years old from Hunedoara County. Hospitalized in Deva County Emergency Hospital, pneumology section on 13.04.2020, transferred ICU on 18.04.2020. Positive result on 13.04.2020. Died on 19.04.2020. Comorbidities: stroke, cerebral atheromatosis.
* Death 442 – man, 68 years old from Arges County. Admitted to the Mioveni County Emergency Hospital on 15.04.2020. Positive result on 15.04.2020. Died on 18.04.2020 Comorbidities: Complicated type 2 diabetes mellitus, chronic kidney disease (Dialysis program), amputation, gangrene forearm, acute ischemic stroke recently with hemiplegia, bronchopneumonia
* Death 443 – man, 65 years old from Bucharest. Admitted to the University Emergency Hospital Bucharest, the internal medicine department on 18.04.2020. Positive result on 19.04.2020. Died on 19.04.2020. Comorbidities: Chronic kidney disease std. 5 (Dialysis program), COPD, Type II diabetes mellitus.
* Death 444 – man, 89 years old from Ilfov County. Admitted to the University Emergency Hospital Bucharest, the internal medicine department on 03.04.2020. Positive result on 18.04.2020. Died on 17.04.2020. Comorbidities: Chronic kidney disease, diabetes, neoplasm.
* Death 445 – woman, 91 years old from Ilfov County. Hospitalized in the University Emergency Hospital Bucharest, Orthopedics Section on 17.04.2020. Positive result on 17.04.2020. Died on 18.04.2020. Comorbidities: Cardiovascular disease, diabetes, kidney disease, chronic neurological disease.
93,611 tests performed so far
A number of 93,611 tests for the new coronavirus have been performed so far, at national level, the Strategic Communication Group also reported on Sunday.
Also, according to the source quoted, din the last 24 hours, 420 phone calls were registered to the emergency number 112 and 1,018 to the TELVERDE line (0800 800 358), open especially for informing citizens.
Authorities remind citizens to only consider information verified through official sources and to call for recommendations and other information on the TELVERDE line – 0800.800.358. The TELVERDE number is not an emergency number, it is a telephone line strictly allocated for informing citizens.
At the same time, Romanians abroad can request information on the prevention and control of the virus at their dedicated line, +4021.320.20.20.
17,473 people in institutionalized quarantine
In the territory of Romania, in institutionalized quarantine there are 17,473 persons, another 47,003 people being in isolation at home and under medical monitoring, the Strategic Communication Group reported on Sunday.
According to the quoted source, since the entry into force of the Military Ordinance no. 2 and so far, 2,113 persons who did not comply with the period of self-isolation were placed in institutionalized quarantine.
Also, 125 people in quarantine left the location where they were placed, for which the measure of quarantine was ordered for a new period of 14 days.
Most COVID-19 cases recorded in Suceava County and Bucharest
Most cases of people infected with the new coronavirus have been registered so far in Suceava County – 2,105 and in Bucharest – 1,001.
According to the Strategic Communication Group, in the territory of Romania there are a total of 8,746 people infected with the new coronavirus.
The number of confirmed cases by counties, according to the reports of the National Institute of Public Health, is presented as follows:
* Alba – 155
* Arad – 402
* Arges – 90
* Bacau – 105
* Bihor – 237
* Bistrita-Nasaud – 109
* Botosani – 308
* Brasov – 315
* Braila – 18
* Buzau – 15
* Caras-Severin – 64
* Calarasi – 40
* Cluj – 248
* Constanta – 183
* Covasna – 154
* Dambovita – 82
* Dolj – 61
* Galati – 276
* Giurgiu – 98
* Gorj – 17
* Harghita – 16
* Hunedoara – 391
* Ialomita – 115
* Iasi – 156
* Ilfov – 186
* Maramures – 55
* Mehedinti – 37
* Mures – 268
* Neamt – 364
* Olt – 13
* Prahova – 52
* Satu Mare – 45
* Salaj – 20
* Sibiu – 166
* Suceava – 2,105
* Teleorman – 79
* Timis – 376
* Tulcea – 31
* Vaslui – 59
* Valcea – 19
* Vrancea – 215
* Bucharest – 1,001.