15.8 C
Bucharest
May 12, 2021
AGRICULTURE BUSINESS ECONOMY

Oros: Agriculture Ministry to pay out 850 million in drought relief

The Ministry of Agriculture is paying out 850 million lei in drought relief, 80% of the amount, in September and the remaining at the October revision, Minister of Agriculture Adrian Oros said on Tuesday at a news conference on the budget revision.

“Because the budget revision of last week allowed us to allocate 850 million lei (…), which in our opinion ensures at least 80% of the amount that we will pay pout in relief in September, with the remaining 20% or less to be given to farmers at the October revision. We have done that to allow us to steer large sums to other sectors of agriculture, and I mean the livestock sector. And, in fact, all ongoing programs should be funded,” Oros said, according to Agerpres.

Oros said that on Tuesday he had a meeting with the leaders of the largest agricultural associations “to think together about the relief related to drought.”

He said that the budget of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MADR) was increased by 3.445 billion lei at the latest national budget revision.

 

Talks at Presidency aim at the National Strategic and National Relaunch programmes

 

He also announced that the discussions scheduled Tuesday in Cotroceni with the President of Romania concern the National Strategic Programme and the National Relaunch Programme, two topics that should have been the main topics of both the authorities and the farmers” if this year were not for the pandemic of COVID-19 and the drought.

“The problem of rectification will be in the Government, and in Cotroceni we are discussing the National Strategic Programme and the National Relaunch Programme, the two topics which, if it had not been for this pandemic and if it had not been for this drought, should have been the main subjects of both ourselves and the farmers, because it is very important. Unfortunately, this National Strategic Programme has been left out, in the shadow in terms of your attention, but which, in my opinion, has not lost its importance. It is vital how we now decide to finance Romania’s agriculture in the next 7 years and how to allocate those amounts,” said Adrian Oros, when asked what he would discuss at Tuesday’s meeting with the Romanian president.

Related posts

EBRD reduces stake in Romania’s Banca Transilvania, down to 8.6pct

Nine O' Clock

President Iohannis to hold new meeting with PM Orban, BNR Governor Isarescu and FinMin Citu

NINE O'CLOCK

Moody’s upgraded Transelectrica’s rating to “Ba1”. Associated outlook is stable

Nine O' Clock