Prime Minister Ludovic Orban announced that in Bucharest the protection mask will become mandatory in all open spaces, and school classes will go in online system, after the cumulated incidence of infection cases for the novel coronavirus exceeded the threshold of three per thousand people.
“In agreement with the legal provisions, with the government decision regarding the state of alert, the Public Health Directorate relays to the Prefecture within 24 hours and the Prefecture convokes the City Committee for Emergency Situation within maximum 48 hours. The Prefect of Bucharest will call the meeting of the City Committee for Emergency Situations, will note the exceeding of the threshold of three per thousand people and will decide the measures that are set down by the provisions of the law and the Government decision regarding the state of alert,” said the Prime Minister on Sunday.
He mentioned that the main measures are provided for in the text of the decision adopted by the Government
“Firstly the obligation to wear masks in all public spaces, together with closed spaces – it should not be understood that it’s allowed to not wear masks indoors, no. So, the obligation to wear masks in all open spaces. Two: the suspension of school courses and the organization of courses, classes in the online system in all schools. Three: suspension of activities in theaters, cinemas, restaurants, cafes, in closed spaces. These are the main measures which are adopted. They are known since the moment we have presented after adoption the Government decision regarding the prolongation of the state of alert and the City Commitee for Emergency situation will have to implement them and, obviously, find an implementation plan,” Orban mentioned.
In what regards the online scenario for schools, he stated that an ordinance to support parents is to be adopted.
“We have an emergency ordinance to be adopted that we have debated in first lecutre and that we will adopt next week, Tuesday or Wednesday, which will have clear legal provisions regarding the insuring of 75 pct of the salary for a parent that will stay home with his child if classes are online,” Ludovic Orban also said, according to Agerpres.
EduMin Anisie: Children in Bucharest go to school tomorrow, most probably Tuesday classes will go online
The Minister of Education, Monica Anisie, stated that pupils will go on Monday to school in Bucharest and most probably classes will go to an online system on Tuesday, after the incidence of COVID-19 in the Capital announced in the Strategic Communication Group (GCS) report has gone up, on Sunday, to 3.02 cases per thousand people.
“Tomorrow they go to school (…) Most probably on Tuesday face-to-face classes will be suspended, yet didactic activity will continue in online system. I would like to make an appeal to everyone, that is to respect the norms for the prevention and combating of disease, because the rate is already higher and higher,” said Anisie, on Sunday, at private broadcaster Digi 24.
She mentioned that in Bucharest 8,057 tablets were delivered to pupils. “The Minister of Education has sent these tablets ever since September 25 to the City of Bucharest School Inspectorate, and at the level of the Inspectorate they were not distributed to educational units until last week. We have solved this situation at the level of Bucharest and at this moment the school inspectors told me they have distributed towards education units those tablets in the program ‘School from home’ that the Ministry of Education ran,” said Anisie.
According to the Education Minister, these 8,057 tablets were made available to pupils who requested them in March – April, when the country entered lockdown.
“In agreement with the joint order issued by the Education Ministry and the Health Ministry, at a cumulated incidence rate over the alert limit of 3 per thousand people, the Public Health Directorate will present to the City of Bucharest Committee for Emergency Situations an analysis of the epidemiological situation. Depending on the existence of community spread in the locality, as well as the number of hotspots existing in education units or other risk criteria, the City of Bucharest Committee for Emergency Situations may decide by issuing a decision the temporary suspension of didactic activities which imply the face-to-face presence in education units, so for 14 days the City of Bucharest Committee for Emergency Situations decides to suspend classes. In the absence of these decisions however, education units will work in the hybrid 2nd scenario, as they have functioned up to now,” Monica Anisie mentioned.
According to the Education Minister, the Public Health Directorate has 24 hours to relay to the City of Bucharest Committee for Emergency Situations the COVID-19 incidence rate.