10.8 C
Bucharest
December 4, 2020
HEALTH Social SOCIAL & HEALTH

GCS: Romania’s SARS-CoV-2 case count rises by 4.848 to 191.102; 69 fatalities , 766 patients to ICU

As many as 4,848 new cases of people infected with SARS-CoV-2 in Romania were recorded from the previous reporting following 37,025 tests nationwide, the Strategic Communication Group (GCS), the novel coronavirus communication task force reported on Wednesday.

These are cases of patients that had not previously tested positive.

A further 69 people infected with the novel coronavirus died, with the total number of deaths in Romania caused by SARS-CoV-2 reaching 6,065, the GCS reports.

According to the GCS, there are 44 men and 25 women infected with the novel coronavirus.

Of these, 10 deaths were recorded in the age group 50-59 years, 18 deaths in the 60-69 age group, 18 deaths in the 70-79 age group and 23 deaths in the over 80 age group.

65 of the deaths recorded were of patients who had comorbidities, and 4 deaths had no comorbidities, the GCS states.

As of Wednesday, 191,102 cases of people infected with the novel coronavirus had been confirmed in Romania.

A number of 137,835 people were declared cured.

According to the GCS, 2,927,096 SARS-CoV-2 infection tests have been processed nationwide. Of these, 37,025 were carried out in the last 24 hours – 22,388 based on case definition and medical protocol and 14,637 on request.

A total of 773 people have been retested and positively reconfirmed with COVID-19, the GCS says.

A number of 10,250 people with COVID-19 are admitted to health facilities, according to the GCS.

766 patients are admitted to the ICU, the source says.

On the territory of Romania, 20,593 people confirmed with infection with the new coronavirus are in isolation at home and 9,808 people are in institutionalized isolation.

Also, 50,162 people are in quarantine at home, and in institutionalized quarantine – 51.

The County of Alba has exceeded the Capital at the cumulative incidence of infection with the novel coronavirus, calculated in the last 14 days, per thousand inhabitants.

According to the report submitted on Wednesday by the Strategic Communication Group, the cumulative incidence of infection with the novel coronavirus is 3.26 in Alba and 3.25 in Bucharest.

In the last 24 hours, law enforcement issued 6,091 fines, amounting to 845,200 lei, for violations of Law 55/2020 on measures to prevent and combat the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The number of Romanians abroad confirmed with the novel coronavirus remains unchanged at 6,829 and so does the death toll, staying at 126.

Bucharest – 650, Cluj – 343, Mures – 234, Iasi – 231, and Dolj – 201 are the areas with the most newly confirmed cases of coronavirus from the previous reporting.

The most cases of SARS-CoV-2 infection registered so far in Romania are in Bucharest – 28,479 and in the counties of Iasi – 8,446, Suceava – 8,236, Prahova – 8,224 and Brasov – 8,096.

COVID-19 test centres in Romania report maximum daily capacity of around 37,000 tests

The COVID-19 test centres in Romania have reported a constant value of around 37,000 tests a day, with a possibility to increase depending on organising, the Ministry of Health informed on Wednesday.

The testing capacity is said to vary with the number of samples collected, and also with the organisation of the centres.

“The Ministry of Health has asked the 143 test centres to update their test capacity (we are working on such approach). At this moment, the test capacity varies with the number of samples collected, and also with the organisation of the centres (example – several shifts of the medical staff). The maximum capacity reported by the centres as a constant value is around 35,000 tests/day, with a possibility to increase depending on the way of organisation.”

HealthMin: There is no need of total lockdown right now, restrictions are adjusted to local level

Health Minister Nelu Tataru stated in Cluj on Wednesday that no additional measures are required for the time being regarding the incidence of COVID-19 and that each county committee for emergency situations will take the necessary measures depending on the incidence of infections on local level.

“This is not necessary [the total lockdown – editor’s note]. As you probably know, we adjust the restrictions and measures on local level. Each county emergency committee adjusts its measures according to the figures it receives from the public health directorate (DSP), every other 24 hours, and the measures that are put into practice are those that are evaluated after 48 hours,” said Nelu Tataru, when asked if “a total lockdown” was required.

He also referred to the large number of cases of COVID-19 reported on Wednesday, but said there had also been many tests done.

“As you know, we have 4,848 new cases, but we also have 37,000 tests performed. We follow intensive care cases, as well as deaths. All we have to do is follow the same rules that we know and keep in mind that the medical staff has to handle a large number of cases,” Nelu Tataru added.

The Minister also referred to the new legislative modifications regarding the treatment of patients with COVID-19.

“We will have an Emergency Ordinance discussed tomorrow evening, at the Government meeting, which is meant to modify Law No. 136, following which modification asymptomatic and oligosymptomatic people without comorbidities will be treated at home under the supervision of family doctors. They will be monitored by the family doctor and, at the same time, their self-isolation at home, while undergoing treatment, will be monitored by the law enforcement bodies,” mentioned Nelu Tataru on Wednesday after visiting the Infectious Diseases Clinical Hospital and the Cluj-Napoca Municipal Hospital.

Health professionals will not abandon their fight against SARS-COV-2, despite fatigue

Health Minister Nelu Tataru said on Wednesday in Targu Mures that although there is a state of fatigue among the health professionals seven months into the COVID-19 pandemic, he does not believe the professionals will abandon their fight against SARS-COV-2.

“We can only succeed together. We are each, at this moment, on a level that we manage. Every patient who is, say, at home and who needs to be monitored is a patient who needs that attention of the family physician. This is the time when we have to deal with a situation, a time when we have searched and found ways for a colleague of ours, a family physician, to intervene in this pandemic; we have that contract with the Health Insurance House under which an isolated patient can be monitored and services can be provided and act together with the public health directorates in order to be able to carry out those investigations or do some collecting. At this moment, I believe that the health professionals will not give up fight. We may be in a state of fatigue; we are a little worn out seven months into the pandemic, going on the eighth month, but I think our mission is different and I think that in the end we will realise that we are a body that is making a common front at the moment,” said Tataru.

Tataru on Wednesday visited a COVID-19 medical support facility built by rearranging the multipurpose room at the George Emil Palade University of Medicine, Pharmacy, Science and Technology in Targu Mures, where he announced that intensive care beds will double in number.

Via Agerpres

Related posts

President Iohannis supports international campaign HeForShe, pleads for women’s equal opportunities against discrimination

Mother sells children to get money for insulation and a house

Nine O' Clock

Teodosie filed complaint against legal pursuit

Test