• CTP continues its development plan in Romania and starts the construction of new buildings within its two logistics parks near Timișoara
• The company will invest 50 million EUR in the expansion of ctPark Timișoara I and II, located in the near neighbourhood of Timișoara city
• The company will double its leasable area of industrial spaces in Transylvania by the end of 2023
CTP, the largest developer and long-term administrator of premium industrial and logistics parks in Romania and in Central and Eastern Europe, announces its expansion plans for the Transylvania area. The developer plans to double the leasable area of logistics spaces in the Transylvania region until 2023 by investments of 50 million EUR in the expansion of its two logistics parks around Timișoara. Some of the spaces included in the construction plan are already leased to companies from the logistics and manufacturing sectors.
CTP Romania, a market leader in industrial development with a total built area of over 1,250,000 sqm, continues its development plans in Transylvania and announces an investment of EUR 50 million in the expansion of the logistics parks around Timișoara. Thus, the company will double its leasable area of industrial spaces by the end of 2023.
CTP’s decision to continue its expansion plans and investments in Romania takes place in an unstable economic context caused by the current pandemic, but the company looks with confidence at the Transylvania region and its development potential. The expansion around Timișoara represents the proof of the trust that CTP gives to this region, especially to the western part of the country. Timișoara has proven to be a strategic location, well connected to the rest of the region and benefits from skilled labor force with an excellent reputation and enormous know-how, in particular in the electronics industry.
Emilia Țepeș, CTP Business Development Manager for Transylvania, said:
„The continuation of the CTP expansion plans in Transylvania through the expansion of the Timișoara parks confirms the great trust we have for this region. We have identified numerous development opportunities both in the production area and in the logistics and warehousing area, and our plans won‘t stop here. Beyond the development of the ctPark Timișoara I and II logistics parks, we also aim to expand in the center of Transylvania, more specifically in the parks of Turda and Sibiu.”
The current plans are focused on the expansion of CTPark Timișoara II, with a first building of 32,200 sqm already leased, located in a strategic area, near the Timișoara airport and the A1 motorway. It has the benefits of a cross dock, multipurpose building, which can be adapted to the specific needs of customers who choose CTP as partner. In the second stage of construction that begins this fall and will finish in March 2020, CTP will deliver another 17,000 sqm wthin ctPark Timișoara II.
CTPark Timișoara II is located near the first park developed by CTP in the western part of the country, ctPark Timișoara I, which has a total leased area of 10,000 sqm.
The building will be built to an “outstanding” BREEAM standard and will integrate all the necessary features required for the certification. CTP Romania will achieve this through top energy insulation and LED lighting, electric charging facilities, water recirculation and the use of natural light in the warehouse.
CTPark Timisoara II Facts:
• The total planned area of the park: 89,500 sqm
• Location: 6 km away from Timisoara Airport and 1 km away from the A1 Arad – Timisoara Highway
• Total built area: 32,000 sqm
• Under construction: 17,000 sqm
• Planned constructions: 40,300 sqm
CTPark Timișoara II Construction Timeline:
• Phase I, started in 2017: 32,000 sqm built and rented
• Phase II, started in autumn 2020: 17,000 sqm under development to be completed in March 2020
• Phase III: 40,300 sqm to be delivered by the end of 2023