- In only nine months from the beginning of the construction, CTP delivers a new warehouse to Profi Romania.
- Started in December 2019 and finished in September 2020, the new warehouse within the ctPark Bucharest West park became operational only one month after the completion of construction.
- The warehouse has a total area of 56,500 m2, which can be extended by another 10,000 m2.
- CTP’s investment in the project was RON 140 million.
CTP, the largest developer and long-term administrator of premium industrial and logistics parks in Romania and in Central and Eastern Europe, continues its expansion plans and successfully inaugurates a new logistics center for one of the largest retail companies in Romania. CTP delivers to Profi Romania a high-performance, one-piece and single tenant building, which covers extensive storage needs, both in terms of temperatures and load capacity.
The new warehouse built within ctPark Bucharest West, located on the A1 Motorway, at km 23, allows food storage in three temperature categories: ambient, controlled temperature, between zero and ten degrees, and negative temperature, generated based on ammonia, between -24 and -30 degrees. The possibility to store food at negative temperature offers the CTP customer the ability to continue its efforts to support local producers and suppliers. Thus, Profi acquires in collaboration with CTP a competitive advantage that allows it to differentiate itself in partnerships with the small local producers from Romania.
Valentin Rosu, Regional Development Manager CTP, declared:
“Like all the buildings we deliver, the new logistics center for Profi Romania has been adapted to the specific needs of our client’s business. The fact that we delivered the first Profi warehouse that integrates all the functionalities of storage, freezing, fresh and ambient proves once again the capacity of CTP to offer 100% customized solutions, based on flexibility and adaptability.”
The new warehouse, with an area of 56,500 m2, has, like all CTP buildings, BREEAM certification, but also 30,000 m2 of green spaces. In its attempt to neutralize the carbon footprint by 2023, the CTP group relies on two main strategic directions: BREEAM certification of the entire building portfolio and the creation and conservation of forests in the immediate neighbourhood of the newly built warehouses. Through this add-on of the new building destined for Profi Romania, CTP confirms its long-term commitment to protect the environment and carry out in a responsible manner its activity.
About ctPark Bucharest West:
- Total area of the park: 241.2 ha
- Location: A1 Motorway, km 23
- Total built area: 600,000 m² by the end of 2020
- Under construction: 160,000 m²
- Planned constructions: 510,000 m²
CTPark Bucharest West construction calendar:
- Start in 2015: the first 100,000 m² bought by CTP as an operating project
- 2017 – complete the first 90,000 m²
- 2018 – additional deliveries – 110,000 m²
- 2019 – achieved 88,000 m²
- 2020 – 56,000 m² completed and another 160,000 m² will be ready by the end of this year.