Having in mind that the Travel Insurance represents an important product in Gothaer Asigurari Reasigurari’s portfolio and that the company is always aiming to provide its customers with the best covers according to their needs and expectations, Gothaer decided to upgrade its offer by means to launch a new supplementary clause, Insurance of household goods, attached to it.
Looking for an opportunity to offer to the market a fully-customized insurance travel product, there were two main triggers considered while developing this new supplementary cover, respectively:
- the fact that 65% of the Romanians who answered to a survey conducted by UNSAR (The National Association of Insurance and Reinsurance Companies in Romania) in 2019 – stated that fire is the risk people fear the most when it comes to the safety of their home; and,
- that only one out of 5 homes own a household insurance in Romania.
Also, a survey conducted in February 2020 by Gothaer among its clients showed that, while away for their trips abroad, the consumers are afraid their homes could be affected, in this order by: pipeline water (accidental water leakage), burglary, fire and explosion.
- Moreover, 43.8% of those who answered the survey declared that they do not have a trusted person to watch over their home while they are away. If anything happened to their goods while they are away, the damage would be considerable, since 56% state that the value of their goods is between 3.000 and 10.000 Euro and 37,5% declare that their possessions value more than 10.000 Euro.
- Gothaer`s survey also revealed that 43.8% of the respondents do not have a facultative home insurance with a coverage for goods, while more than 90% of them are travelling abroad (46.9% of them even twice a year) and more than 80% of them are staying abroad less than 10 days/ trip.
- More than 80% of the respondents mentioned that they would appreciate a travel insurance to cover also their home goods during their trips.
All the above stands for Gothaer’s rationale to the launch this specific insurance clause that covers the goods from the insured’s domicile available only during the trip period (but not more than 30 days), respectively the damages produced to the insured goods that are in his house, due to the following possible risks:
- Pipeline water (accidental water leakage)
- Theft through burglary
The maximum limit of compensation related to this clause is expressly mentioned in the insurance policy and is established on the event and in total during the insured period for 3,000 Euro and with a franchise in value of 100 eur/ event.
Launching this new cover is another proof that we, at Gothaer, are constantly thinking of our clients, since an important part of our strategy is defined by developing insurance products to answer and fit the customer’s needs, at a competitive price and with an easy-to-buy approach, stated Cosmin Angheluta (photo), Deputy CEO and Sales Chief Executive of Gothaer Asigurări Reasigurări.
Gothaer is selling its travel insurance products via local offices in Bucharest and other major cities in Romania, as well as via its commercial partners (brokers and agents), and also online via www.gothaer.ro, a press release issued by the company informs.