RTPR has assisted B+N Referencia Zrt., the market leader in the field of facility management in Hungary, in relation to the acquisition of the main subsidiaries of the ISS group in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania and Hungary. ISS is a global leader in outsourcing, offering a diverse range of services at international level: facility management, cleaning, property, catering and support services. The law firm provided advice on Romanian law aspects of the deal.
“We are very satisfied with the service of RTPR. It was our first foreign acquisition, so we looked for a liable and trusted partner to help us. With the expertise of RTPR we felt in good professional hands during the whole process”, declared István Matskási, CFO B+N Referencia Zrt.
The RTPR team was coordinated by Marina Fecheta-Giurgica (Associate) under the supervision of Mihai Ristici (Partner) and included Ioana Ilie, Andrei Tosa, Cezara Urzica, Petrus Partene (Associates), Raluca Marcu (Junior Associate), with further support from Roxana Ionescu (Counsel), Codrina Simionescu, Lia Ilie (Associates) and Iustina Nastasa (Junior Associate).
“We would like to thank B+N Referencia for their trust and to congratulate them on closing this transaction. We are pleased to see that the largest facility management provider in Hungary entered the Romanian market through the acquisition of the local subsidiary of ISS and we are grateful for the opportunity to have assisted them on this project”, declared Marina Fecheta-Giurgica.
RTPR boasts one of the most experienced and appreciated teams specialised in mergers and acquisitions in Romania. Every year the corporate/M&A practice is recognised on the top tier of the rankings published by the most reputed international legal directories Legal 500, Chambers and IFLR1000, and several of its lawyers are recommended in individual rankings. In the most recent directory published by Chambers Europe 2021, one client describes the team as “the elite law firm you definitely want on your side”.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest deal in Romania in the last 12 years
- Aegon on the sale of its operations in Romania to Vienna Insurance Group AG Wiener Versicherung Gruppe (VIG), as part of a regional deal with a total value of EUR 830 million
- Oresa on the acquisition of logistics and industrial park Solo Iasi from Tester Group owned by Romanian businessman Bogdan Pitigoi
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA from PayPoint group
- OLX group on the acquisition of Kiwi Finance, the biggest loan intermediary on the Romanian market, from Oresa Ventures
- The shareholders of Te-Rox Prod, a Romanian company and a leading European producer of covers and harness systems for child safety seats on the sale of the business to the Swedish group Holmbergs
- The shareholders of Sano Vita, one of the most reputable and trusted food brands in Romania, on the sale of the business to the American private equity fund Highlander Partners