Prime Minister Florin Citu said that on his visit to Brussels these days he wants to make sure that the resources that Romania will receive under its National Recovery and Resilience Plan (PNRR), 29.2 billion euros, will go to the sectors with the highest economic productivity.
“Now we need to speed up economic growth, and that is why I am going to Brussels to make sure that the resources that Romania will receive, the 29.2 billion euros, will go to those sectors with the highest economic productivity. We have priorities that we own in this government and three sources of funding – PNRR, the national budget, European funds – and when I think of these projects, I think of all three sources of funding, not just one particular source. Today we are talking about PNRR, to make sure that we will have an approved PNRR with our priorities introduced there,” Citu said on Tuesday at the end of a visit to Satu Mare County.
He said that included in PNRR will be all those projects that comply with the criteria related to the National Recovery and Resilience Plan.
“The most important criterion is to be able to be completed for real, not on paper, in 2026, and I will be very careful. (…) What cannot be financed under PNRR goes to European funds or the national budget. The development of Romania’s infrastructure is a priority and I am not the only one who says that, because all the politicians have said so before me,” said Citu, according to Agerpres.
Citu: Romania needs infrastructure, the relevant projects will be completed on schedule
Romania needs infrastructure, and the relevant projects will be completed on schedule, Prime Minister Florin Citu said on Tuesday in Satu Mare, adding that he would discuss the issue on a visit to Brussels this week.
“I have really wanted to see this project; last year I had discussions with the minister about funding, he convinced me, we managed to allocate resources and today we see the results. And I now understand the importance of this bridge to this area, to the county of Satu Mare. The problem I see and will fix under the incumbent government is that we start infrastructure projects and then it takes quite a lot. As far as I understand, the first intention for this project came in 2007, but in 2015 it was being prepared and only now can we see that it is nearing completion. What I can guarantee you is that this will not be the case from now on,” Citu said on Tuesday on a tour of the construction site of the Satu Mare ringroad.
He added that the government has learned from what has been done badly in the last 30 years, both with European funds and with national funds.
“And all these infrastructure projects that we are starting now – and you have already seen the Sibiu-Pitesti and A7 [motorways] and there are more and we continue here – they will be done exactly on schedule, as planned from the very beginning. In this case, it is clear that the bridge will be completed by the end of the year, it is a done deal, as the financial resources are available, we just have to continue. But it is not just about this facility, it is about infrastructure facilities in Romania that have been delayed for years. We will change the legislation and we will have the resources so that from now on we will start and have a deadline for completion; we will stick to deadlines. Romania needs infrastructure and you know very well that it is one of the objectives for which I go to Brussels today,” Citu said.
We’ll find a solution for private events to start as of June 1
Prime Minister Florin Citu said in Satu Mare on Tuesday that a solution would be found so that weddings or baptisms could be organised as of June 1, in the context in which about 250,000 such events had been postponed nationwide due to the pandemic.
“We shall see how these measures will look like and what these will be in the end. It is obvious that starting June 1 there will be several measures backing down some measures taken last year. Some of the measures have already been announced. Of course, I know the problem about private events and we’ll certainly find a solution for these to start as of June 1 as well. (…) We are flexible about solutions,” PM Citu said.
He underscored that not all restrictions would be removed as of June 1, as another stage is envisioned to start on August 1.
In the same context, the head of Government also pointed out that all ministers and secretaries of state would be present next week in vaccination centres nationwide, to endorse the vaccination campaign.