This is the 16th M&A deal signed by RTPR in the last 10 months
RTPR has assisted the founders of Keez in relation to the sale of the majority stake to Visma group, one of the largest software development companies in Romania, based in Norway. Keez offers full accounting and invoicing services for small and medium businesses through a solution covering the entire accounting process by integrating professional accounting services with the online platform.
The team of lawyers was made of Alina Stavaru (Partner) and Andrei Tosa (Associate). For this deal, the RTPR team worked together with Serban Roman, the financial and business advisor of the founders.
“This is our first transaction and I can say we were lucky to be assisted by RTPR which proved to be a team of lawyers capable to navigate through all the phases of the project and to give us confidence that we will succeed.”, declared Daniel Mateescu, one of the founders and CEO of Keez.
“We are pleased by our collaboration with Keez and the company’s development outlooks together with an investor such as Visma. As we expected, this year we will see an increase in the number of deals in the digital and technology sector, one of the great lessons of 2020 being related to the importance of digital infrastructure, with applicability in the accounting area as well. Congratulations and good luck, Keez! Thank you Serban Roman for the excellent collaboration!”, declared Alina Stavaru.
RTPR boasts one of the most valuable teams specialised in Corporate/M&A in Romania, with an unparalleled experience in the most sophisticated transactions on the market. Prestigious international legal directories, Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and IFLR1000, rank RTPR’s corporate/M&A practice on the top tier of their annual rankings and several of the team’s lawyers are recognised and recommended as Leading Lawyers in this field.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest deal in Romania in the last 12 years
- Aegon on the sale of its operations in Romania to Vienna Insurance Group AG Wiener Versicherung Gruppe (VIG), as part of a regional deal with a total value of EUR 830 million
- Oresa on the acquisition of logistics and industrial park Solo Iasi from Tester Group owned by Romanian businessman Bogdan Pitigoi
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA from PayPoint group
- OLX group on the acquisition of Kiwi Finance, the biggest loan intermediary on the Romanian market, from Oresa Ventures
- The shareholders of Te-Rox Prod, a Romanian company and a leading European producer of covers and harness systems for child safety seats on the sale of the business to the Swedish group Holmbergs
- The shareholders of Intelligent IT, the company renowned for the billing software SmartBill, in relation to the sale of the business to Visma group
- The shareholders of Sano Vita, one of the most reputable and trusted food brands in Romania, on the sale of the business to the American private equity fund Highlander Partners.