The government approved on Wednesday 148.7 million lei (over EUR 30 million) in aid for 17 counties hit by floods and landslides.
The money will be used to repair 1,085 objectives in 243 territorial administrative units, Prime Minister Florin Citu said.
“A decision was approved at today’s government meeting granting 148.7 million lei from the intervention fund for 17 counties affected by floods and landslides. The money is intended for the repair of county and communal roads, bridges, footbridges and dams. The respective counties are Alba, Arad, Arges, Bacau, Bihor, Bistrita Nasaud, Botosani, Caras-Severin, Cluj, Covasna, Gorj, Harghita, Hunedoara, Maramures, Satu Mare, Valcea, Vrancea, with 1,085 objectives and 243 territorial administrative units as recipients,” Florin Citu told a press conference at the Victoria Palace of Government.
Three medical units for severe burnt patients to be built, through World Bank program
Prime Minister Florin Citu announced on Wednesday that the Ministry of Health presented in the government sitting the report on the care of severe burnt patients nationwide, specifying that three such units for the severe burnt will be built in Bucharest, Timisoara and Targu Mures.
“I requested a report from the Ministry of Health regarding the capacity of the Romanian state to take care of the severe burnt. During today’s Government reunion this report was presented by the Ministry of Health (…) A good sign from the report: three medical units for the severe burnt patients will be built in Bucharest, Timisoara and Targu Mures. The financing will be made through the World Bank program,” the PM specified after the Government sitting.
PM Citu: Authorities will keep up all efforts to convince citizens that the solution to end the pandemic is vaccination
Prime Minister Florin Citu stated on Wednesday that the authorities will keep up “all efforts” to convince citizens that the solution to end the pandemic is vaccination, emphasizing that, on the other hand, it is the responsibility of each person in Romania to protect their own health and family through anti-COVID immunization.
“The Ministry of Health has come yesterday and presented – we had a discussion at the Government and then in the coalition – more solutions, some are on the restrictive side, some on the motivation side (…) We will see which of the solutions will be accepted in the coalition, I only said my opinion on some of them, but, I repeat, we are looking for solutions to continue the vaccination campaign. Ultimately, I say that it is also the responsibility of each person in Romania, of each citizen, to protect their family, to protect those close to them and their own health, to vaccinate,” said Florin Citu in a press conference at the Victoria Palace.
Asked at what number of daily infections with COVID will the Government reintroduce new restrictions and if the idea advanced by the Health Minister, as a personal opinion, that unvaccinated persons having restrictions for participating in indoor events is a good idea, is feasible, the PM said: “We have at this time certain thresholds that we did not abandon: 0.5 per thousand, 1.56 per thousand, 2 per thousand, 3 per thousand.”
“When we reach those thresholds, certain rules we never renounced enter into force. Thus, we don’t have to reinvent something new. We had those thresholds last year, they worked, we will keep using them,” Citu also said, according to Agerpres.