RTPR has assisted Grup Serban Holding in relation to the legal aspects regarding the private placement of shares through which the company raised 12.7 million lei, as well as in connection with the preparation for the admission to trading on the AeRO market of the Bucharest Stock Exchange which is to take place at the beginning of next year.
Grup Serban Holding is an entrepreneurial company that operates in several fields, such as agriculture, grain trading, oil plants and vegetables, poultry farming, bakery, pastry-confectionery, public catering (own chain of stores – Băcăniile Șerban), distribution and transport.
The RTPR team that advised Grup Serban on this transaction was coordinated by Marina Fecheta-Giurgica , Associate (photo) under the supervision of Mihai Ristici (Partner). The team further included Flavia Mincu (Junior Associate).
“We would like to thank the RTPR team for all their support offered for the successful closing of this first step towards the capital markets, a step through which we wish, together with the investors who joined us, to succeed in implementing our growth plans at an accelerated pace, investing in modern technologies with an important component of sustainability and reducing the impact on the climate, focusing on sustainable agricultural activities such as crop rotation, the use of no-till technology – minimum soil work, composting, carbon capture and respectively reduced use of chemical fertilizers. All these investments are aimed at increasing the EBITDA margins, bringing added value to all parties involved”, declared Ovidiu Bucataru, Chief Financial Officer of Grup Serban.
“Congratulations to the Grup Serban team! We would like to thank them for their trust and for the chance to be on their side in this stage of development of their business and we are happy to see that an increasing number of Romanian entrepreneurial companies choose financing through the capital market. We are confident that this trend will grow in the next period and companies will explore more and more often the opportunities offered by the capital market”, said Marina Fecheta-Giurgica.
RTPR’s capital markets practice is one of the most solid and experienced in Romania, counting a team of 5 lawyers specialised in this field, which are often involved in complex and innovative projects. This is also recognised by its inclusion in the rankings published by the most important international legal directories, RTPR is one of the few law firms that are recommended every year for its expertise in both Debt and Equity transactions. Legal 500 ranks it in tier 1 for the eleventh consecutive year, and IFLR1000 places it in the first position (for both Equity and Debt sections) for the eighth year in a row.
Selected capital markets transactions in which RTPR have been recently involved are set out below:
- Autonom Services on the implementation of the first corporate bond offer programme established by a local issuer and respectively, on the private placement of the first tranche of corporate bonds valued at over EUR 48 million funds
- Autonom Services in relation to the first issue of corporate bonds
- UniCredit Leasing Corporation IFN SA on the EUR300 million bond financing
- Barclays Bank PLC as arranger for Alpha Bank Romania on the first mortgage bonds issue programme in Romania with a value of EUR 1 billion
- Purcari Wineries Public Company Limited on its IPO and admission to trading on the Bucharest Stock Exchange
- WOOD & Company Financial Services and Raiffeisen Bank as joint bookrunners on the IPO of Sphera Franchise Group
- Raiffeisen Bank S.A. and WOOD & Company Financial Services a.s., as managers on the intermediation of Med Life’s IPO
- WOOD & Company Financial Services, Raiffeisen Bank and Raiffeisen Centrobank in relation to the private placement of a cca. 22.7% shareholding stake held by Lorimer Ventures Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerging Europe Growth Fund II, L.P., managed by Horizon Capital) in Purcari Wineries Public Company Limited
- Electrica in relation to its IPO on the Bucharest Stock Exchange and on the London Stock Exchange – first primary offering of shares in Romania involving global depositary receipts
- Deutsche Bank, Raiffeisen Bank International and J.P. Morgan, as Joint Lead Managers and Deutsche Trustee Company Limited, as Trustee, on the issuance by NEPI of EUR 400 million high yield bonds
- P. Morgan in relation to the issuance by Cable Communications Systems of EUR 450 million senior secured notes guaranteed by RCS & RDS