The seventh edition of the MMB conference, the leading music conference in Romania, will take place in physical format in Bucharest, between September 6 and 8. Among the first confirmed speakers are Marius Moga, Dan Byron, Olga Juverdeanu, and many others to be announced.
Dozens of Romanian and international speakers from the music industry will participate this year in MMB, the place where they will discuss the most interesting musical topics and will meet with independent artists, but also with professionals in the field. Last year, among the most appreciated speakers were Steve Vai, the famous American guitarist and multiple Grammy winner, but also Jordan Rudess, multi-instrumentalist of the American progressive metal band Dream Theater.
What speakers will you meet at MMB 2022?
- Olga Juverdeanu (RO) is General Manager at Global Records, the largest independent label in the EEC. During the conference, Olga will talk about the rise of the company from 2015 until today.
- Login Kochishki (MK) is the manager of Dubioza Kolektiv, the famous band from Bosnia and Herzegovina, but also the founder of the biggest Macedonian festival, Taksirat. At MMB, Login will tell the audience how the band came to be in the international charts.
- Marius Moga (RO) is a Romanian producer, artist and composer known both in Europe and in the USA and the first musician in the country nominated for a Grammy, for his contribution to one of the Maroon 5 albums.
- Dan Byron (RO) has over 20 years of activity in alternative music in Romania. He is the leader and vocalist of the band Byron, with whom he composed the soundtrack of an original HBO Romania series. During the conference, Dan will conduct the songwriting workshop, which has already become a tradition for MMB.
- Ronny Krieger (DE) – since 2019, he is General Manager in Europe for Patreon, the online platform through which artists and content creators can receive money from fans and which today is worth over 4 billion dollars.
- Ekaterina Bazhanova (ES) – has over 15 years of experience in the music industry, she is a speaker at major international conferences, and currently teaches “Know-how” at the International Music Business School in Barcelona
Anca Lupeș, the founder of the MMB conference, says that “we have big plans for this year’s edition. Maybe it’s because it’s the seventh one and now we can really talk about tradition, but at the same time we have the desire to be the best, to help the music industry as much as possible and to be happy that together we can meet professionals from all over the world. Because MMB is the place where anyone can shake hands with the speakers, drink coffee together during the lunch break or ask them the most awkward questions.”
The leading music conference and showcase festival in Romania, Mastering the Music Business is your door to the music sector. Dedicated to all independent artists and professionals in the music industry, at MMB you’ll learn what you always wanted from industry top experts. How to make your own festival, how to write songs, how to create a star from scratch and many more.
MMB is not just a conference, it is that cool place where you can sign with your next big label, sing with your favorite artist or drink coffee with a rock star.
Successful artists, business managers, booking agents, record company execs, PR agents, online & digital specialists, advertisers, radio broadcasters, publishers, songwriters, etc. exchanging know-how and ideas under the same roof.
Event organized by RAW Music MMB and supported by HEMI (Hub for the Exchange of Music Innovation), a project co-financed by the Creative Europe program. Partners: IMPALA, INDIERO, Mediatrust. Media partners: Zile și nopți