RTPR has assisted AROBS Transilvania Software, an important Romanian company that provides software services and solutions in various industries and the largest tech company listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange, in relation to the acquisition of Enea Services Romania SRL, the software development services business of the Swedish group Enea AB, one of the world’s leading specialists in software for telecommunications and cybersecurity.
“We thank our partners from RTPR for their support in this complex transaction, from the first discussions to the official signing. Their involvement was paramount to the success of this acquisition, which is the largest in the history of AROBS Group”, declared Voicu Oprean, founder and CEO of AROBS.
RTPR involved in this deal a team made of Alina Stavaru (Partner) and Vlad Druta (Senior Associate) for the transaction documents, who were joined by Ana Maria Barbu (Senior Associate), Diana Dimitriu, Adrian Hlistei-Muresan (Managing Associates), Miruna Tocileanu and Flavia Mincu (Junior Associates) for the due diligence process.
“In recent years we have had the opportunity to work with AROBS Transilvania Software in several transactions, either as their lawyers or on the other side of the negotiation table. Each time we met the same professional discussion partner, with well-established development plans and a superior entrepreneurial spirit. I am sure that this transaction marks only a new stage in the development of the company and we look forward to new challenges”, declared Alina Stavaru, Partner RTPR.
“Congratulations to the AROBS Transilvania Software team for a new transaction in the IT sector, a field which is continuously evolving, with a great outlook for Romanian entrepreneurs. We are happy to have contributed with our expertise gained in similar projects to the success of this acquisition and we will follow with great interest the dynamics of AROBS’ business growth.”, said Vlad Druta, Senior Associate at RTPR.
RTPR has one of the highly ranked and most experienced Corporate/M&A practices in Romania. The recently released Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2022 rankings highlight the team in Band 1 for the fifth year in a row. RTPR lawyers are included in the first tiers in all international legal directories, Legal 500 and IFLR1000 recommend both the team, as well as several of the RTPR lawyers who are recognised as Leading Lawyers for this field in individual rankings.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest M&A transaction in Romania in the last 12 years
- Meridiam SAS, a global investor and asset manager, in relation to entering Netcity Telecom’s shareholding, the company that operates the underground telecommunications infrastructure in Bucharest
- LKE Group, one of the most important German suppliers of handling and logistic products and systems, on the acquisition of the majority shareholding stake in Someg S.A. and a part of Transcarpatica S.A. business
- Berg Software, a local software outsourcing and custom software development company, on the sale of 100% of the company to AROBS Transilvania Software, a provider of software services and solutions for various industries
- AROBS Transilvania Software on the acquisition of UCMS Romania and SAS Group
- Autonom Services, the most important independent player on the operational leasing and rent-a-car markets in Romania, on the acquisition of Premium Leasing, the operational leasing business of Tiriac Group
- Sarmis Capital on the acquisition of a majority shareholding stake in Smart ID Dynamics S.A., an important provider of highly customised end-to-end automation solutions for intensive business environments, leader in the Romanian IT industry
- dual role on the investment of the private equity fund Morphosis Capital in Cronos Med Group, leader in aesthetic medicine in Romania.
- Morphosis Capital and a consortium of investors from Belgium on the acquisition of a majority stake in EMI Equipement Maintenance Industrie, market leader in industrial access systems
- Adrian Ionescu, the founder of Adidana, one of the most important distributors of chemical fertilizers in the country, on the sale of 100% of the company to RDF, a major supplier of agricultural products, input distribution and grain trading, a company in the Roca Investments portfolio
- Aegon on the sale of its operations in Romania to Vienna Insurance Group AG Wiener Versicherung Gruppe (VIG), as part of a regional deal with a total value of EUR 830 million
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA, a market leading consumer payments operator in Romania, from PayPoint group.