RTPR has assisted African Industries Group in relation to the acquisition of World Class Romania, the largest health and fitness network in Romania. “Our mandate covered legal assistance in relation to all phases of the acquisition,” a press release issued by the law firm informs.
RTPR involved in this deal a team made of Costin Taracila (Managing Partner), Marina Fecheta-Giurgica (Managing Associate) and Serban Halmagean (Associate) for the transaction documents, and further included Diana Dimitriu, Andrei Tosa (Managing Associates), Codrina Simionescu, Petrus Partene (Associates), Flavia Mincu, Miruna Tocileanu and Ozana Ghic (Junior Associates) for the due diligence process. Roxana Ionescu (Partner) and Serban Halmagean advised on competition aspects of the transaction.
“I am pleased to announce the signing of a new M&A deal, a new success that we are proud to add to our team’s impressive track record. We had an excellent collaboration with the entire African Industries Group team at every stage of this complex transaction, we would like to thank them for their trust and professionalism, and to wish them every success in growing the WorldClass business. Over the years the RTPR team has been involved in many M&A transactions, the most interesting and challenging on the market, and this has brought us the recognition of our clients and peers. We are privileged to be among the leaders of the corporate/M&A practice in Romania, as the international legal directories Legal 500, Chambers and IFLR1000 recommend us”, declared Costin Taracila, Managing Partner RTPR.
“On behalf of the RTPR team, I would like to congratulate our client, African Industries Group, on the success of this acquisition. It was an intense and complex project, and we are honoured to have contributed to its signing in the best conditions for all parties involved. We are sure that together with its new shareholders, World Class Romania will continue to develop and offer quality services in a sector so necessary for people’s health”, said Marina Fecheta-Giurgica, Managing Associate at RTPR.
RTPR’s Corporate/M&A practice is one of the highly ranked and most experienced in Romania. The law firm continues to be recognised in the first tier of the rankings made by international specialised publications. The prestigious legal guide Legal 500 2022 which was recently published highlighted the team in the first tier of the ranking for the sixth consecutive year, and the firm’s clients described it as “the most commercial M&A legal practice in Romania” or “excellent team with strong track-record in M&A for Romania”. At the same time several of the RTPR lawyers are recognised as Leading Lawyers for this field in individual rankings. The team is also recommended in the first tier in Chambers and IFLR1000.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest M&A transaction in Romania in the last 12 years
- Meridiam SAS, a global investor and asset manager, in relation to entering Netcity Telecom’s shareholding, the company that operates the underground telecommunications infrastructure in Bucharest
- AROBS Transilvania Software, an important Romanian company that provides software services and solutions in various industries, on the acquisition of Enea Services Romania SRL, the software development services business of the Swedish group Enea AB
- LKE Group, one of the most important German suppliers of handling and logistic products and systems, on the acquisition of the majority shareholding stake in Someg S.A. and a part of Transcarpatica S.A. business
- Berg Software, a local software outsourcing and custom software development company, on the sale of 100% of the company to AROBS Transilvania Software, a provider of software services and solutions for various industries
- Autonom Services, the most important independent player on the operational leasing and rent-a-car markets in Romania, on the acquisition of Premium Leasing, the operational leasing business of Tiriac Group
- Sarmis Capital on the acquisition of a majority shareholding stake in Smart ID Dynamics S.A., an important provider of highly customised end-to-end automation solutions for intensive business environments, leader in the Romanian IT industry
- dual role on the investment of the private equity fund Morphosis Capital in Cronos Med Group, leader in aesthetic medicine in Romania.
- Morphosis Capital and a consortium of investors from Belgium on the acquisition of a majority stake in EMI Equipement Maintenance Industrie, market leader in industrial access systems
- Adrian Ionescu, the founder of Adidana, one of the most important distributors of chemical fertilizers in the country, on the sale of 100% of the company to RDF, a major supplier of agricultural products, input distribution and grain trading, a company in the Roca Investments portfolio
- Aegon on the sale of its operations in Romania to Vienna Insurance Group AG Wiener Versicherung Gruppe (VIG), as part of a regional deal with a total value of EUR 830 million
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA, a market leading consumer payments operator in Romania, from PayPoint group