RTPR has assisted the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in relation to the EBRD’s EUR 25 million loan granted to Banca Transilvania.
The financing is intended to sustain Banca Transilvania’s lending capacity to Romanian companies affected by the war in Ukraine, as part of the EBRD’s EUR 2 billion Resilience and Livelihoods framework, which supports companies and countries directly or indirectly affected by the war.
The EBRD is a multilateral bank that promotes the development of the private sector and entrepreneurial initiative in 36 economies across three continents. The Bank is owned by 71 countries as well as the EU and the EIB. EBRD investments are aimed at making the economies in its regions competitive, inclusive, well-governed, green, resilient and integrated.
“We are privileged to have the chance to advise EBRD on their projects that are part of the resilience programme initiated as a response to the economic challenges triggered by the war in Ukraine. We are pleased to be able to apply our market leading expertise in banking & finance to support EBRD in this endeavour and we would like to thank them for their continuous trust in our team”, declared Victor Padurari.
“We are happy to have closed a new transaction where we assisted EBRD. Apart from the commercial matters, this deal involved also challenging regulatory aspects, which we tackled to the satisfaction of all parties involved in a very short timeframe. Congratulations to all parties involved!”, declared Andreea Nedeloiu.
RTPR has one of the most experienced Banking & Finance teams in Romania, which is recognised for its impressive expertise in landmark transactions in Romania and in the region. Every year international legal guides Legal 500 and IFLR1000 position RTPR’s Banking & Finance practice on the top tier in the rankings for Romania. In the most recent individual rankings published by IFLR1000 at the beginning of this month, 6 of the firm’s lawyers specialised in this practice area are recommended as Leading Lawyers.
Selected financings in which RTPR have been recently involved are set out below:
- EBRD on the loan granted to Calihory Group operating under the DONA brand, one of Romania’s leading retailers and suppliers of pharmaceuticals, to finance the expansion and modernisation of the company’s network, acquisition of IT solutions, equipment, and a fleet of cars
- Eximbank, as the coordinating mandated lead arranger, as well as the syndicate of banks comprising Banca Comercială Intesa Sanpaolo Romania, Banca Transilvania, CEC Bank, Garanti Bank, ING Bank NV Amsterdam Bucharest Branch, International Bank for Economic Co-operation, OTP Bank Romania, Raiffeisen Bank Romania and UniCredit Bank in relation to the maturity extension of revolving facilities and modification of the syndicate structure under a secured term and multicurrency revolving facilities agreement granted to Alro, as well as in relation to related security
- Meridiam SAS, a global investor and asset manager, on the financing of the acquisition of Netcity Telecom’s shareholding, the company that operates the underground telecommunications infrastructure in Bucharest
- LKE Group, one of the leading German suppliers of handling and logistics products and systems, on the financing of the acquisition of the majority shareholding stake in Someg S.A. and a part of Transcarpatica S.A.
- Oresa on the financing of the acquisition of logistics and industrial park Solo Iasi from Tester Group owned by Romanian businessman Bogdan Pitigoi
- Rodbun Group on several syndicated financings to cover regular capital needs as well as to support development plans of the group
- BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole CIB, Credit Suisse, HSBC, Société Générale and UniCredit acting as Underwriters, Mandated Lead Arrangers and Bookrunners, Société Générale and Komerční banka acting as facility agent and security agent, respectively on the EUR1.150 billion financing of the CME acquisition, a media group which also includes ProTV, by PPF Group N.V.
- A syndicate of banks made up of Raiffeisen Bank International and Raiffeisen Bank Romania as coordinators and Raiffeisen Bank International, Banca Transilvania, UniCredit Bank, Garanti Bank and Intesa SanPaolo Romania as lenders on a credit facility in amount of approximately USD 68 million granted to Alro for covering general corporate needs and working capital of the company as well as future investments
- The syndicate of banks made up of ING Bank N.V. through ING Bank N.V. Amsterdam – Bucharest Branch, Banca Comerciala Romana, Raiffeisen Bank SA and UniCredit Bank SA on a USD 360 million credit facility granted to KMG International group for covering the regular needs in the group activity.