- Telekom Mobile continues to support the Romanian education system with a mission to support the performance of young people;
- In the 12 years since the launch of the “Telekom Scholarships” program, over 2,300 students have applied, and 120 of them have benefited from financial support of over 400,000 euros offered through monthly scholarships;
- The “Telekom Scholarships” social responsibility program is addressed to first-year students of a state higher education institution in Romania, young people with very good academic results and who have been noticed through extracurricular projects and volunteer activities.
- 10 students with leadership potential and passionate about the field they have chosen for their studies will each benefit from a monthly scholarship granted for the period January – June 2023
Telekom Mobile announces the launch of the twelfth edition of the “Telekom Scholarships” program, which aims to identify and financially support 10 young people with exceptional academic results. The program is open to students admitted to a state higher education institution in Romania, in the first year, full-time education, real profile, in one of the specializations: automation and computers, cybernetics, informatics, mathematics, electrical engineering, electronics, telecommunications and information technology.
The financial support is equal to the minimum salary in the economy in force from January to June 2023, monthly, for each student (currently, its value is 2,550 gross lei).
“We hope that the investment of more than 400,000 euros in Telekom Scholarships over the years has helped young, ambitious achievers maximise their potential in Romania. In today’s context, education relies on smart technologies and innovation. Today’s young people are very tech-savvy and are, in fact, one of the driving forces behind its evolution. Now, more than ever, we want to be there for Romanian students and help them to enhance their STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) skills. We want to continue to be their partner on the road to success,” said Ruxandra Voda, Corporate Communications Director, Telekom Mobile.
„Telekom Scholarships” competition has two phases. The first one, which is also eliminatory, involves completing and submitting a registration form to Telekom Romania on the dedicated website www.burseletelekom.ro. 20 finalists will be selected and will qualify for the second phase – the online interview with a jury, which will designate the 10 winners of the scholarships.
The 12th edition of the “Telekom Scholarships” program takes place from November 3rd, 2022, to December 13th, 2022, as follows:
- November 3rd, 2022, 08:00 – November 24th, 2022, 23.59 – registration of candidates on the website burseletelekom.ro;
- December 9th, 2022 – announcement of the 20 finalists;
- December 12th, 2022- December 13th, 2022 – online interview session with the jury “Telekom Scholarships”;
- December 13th, 2022 – announcement of the 10 winning students.
The jury of „Telekom Scholarships” consists of professionals in the field of communication and specialized academics: Andreea Voinea – Executive Human Resources Director, Romanian Commercial Bank, Cristina Bazavan – Journalist, Emil Cazacu – Professor Doctor Engineer, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Mihaela Perianu – Founder and Managing Partner, AIMS Executive Search & Consulting, Sorin Psatta – Lecturer, Faculty of Journalism and Communication Studies, University of Bucharest, and Ruxandra Vodă – Corporate Communications Director, Telekom Mobile.
„Telekom Scholarships” is a Corporate Responsibility program of Telekom Romania Mobile, aiming to identify young people with a potential to become leaders, passionate about their field of studies, with outstanding academic results and well-defined career goals, which are involved in extracurricular and volunteering activities. The program was launched in 2010 and since it has supported students with outstanding performance in their field of study. Up to now, 120 students at prestigious universities in Romania have benefited from financial support from Telekom. More details about „Telekom Scholarships” program are available on www.burseletelekom.ro.