5.2 C
Bucharest
December 7, 2022
HEALTHSocialSOCIAL & HEALTHWORLD

Bucharest officials strongly condemn the bloody attack in Istanbul, send messages of condolences to Turkish Gov’t, people over losses suffered

Prime Minister Nicolae Ciuca on Sunday sent a message of condolences, on behalf of the Bucharest Government, to the Government of the Republic of Turkey and the Turkish people over the explosion that hit Istanbul, wishing full recovery to the injured following the tragic incident.

“The Government of Romania sends its deepest condolences to the Government and the Turkish people in these times marked by loss and pain. We are in full solidarity with our friends and strategic partners in Turkey, wishing full and speedy recovery to those injured in the blast in Istanbul,” said Nicolae Ciuca, on Sunday, in a message posted on the Government’s Twitter page.

Six people were killed and 81 injured in a powerful explosion that took place on Sunday afternoon on the highly crowded commercial artery Istiqlal in the centre of the Turkish metropolis Istanbul, reports the local press quoted by AFP and Reuters.

After the governor of Istanbul, Ali Yerlikaya, had announced a first death toll of four dead and 38 wounded, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan told a television broadcast that at least six people were killed and 53 wounded as a result of this “vile attack.”

“The perpetrators of this attack will be unmasked. Let our population be sure that the perpetrators will be punished.” added the Turkish President.

The explosion occurred at about 4.20pm local time (13.20 GMT), when the pedestrian thoroughfare was quite busy.

The person who planted the bomb was arrested, Turkish Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu announced on Monday, quoted by Anadolu.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Vice President Fuat Oktay previously indicated that a “woman” was responsible for this attack.

The Interior minister accused the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) of causing the bomb attack. “According to our conclusions, the PKK terrorist organization is responsible” for the attack, said the Turkish official.

 

Iohannis: We are deeply saddened by terrible news coming from Istanbul, Romania is together with people of Turkey

 

President Klaus Iohannis sends his condolences to those who lost loved ones in the attack in Istanbul and wished speedy recovery to the injured.

“We are deeply saddened by the terrible news coming from Istanbul. Condolences to all those who lost loved ones in this tragedy and speedy recovery to the injured. Romania is with the people of Turkey in these difficult moments,” the head of state wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

 

Speaker Ciolacu: There are no arguments for terror and I hope that the Turkish authorities will bring the guilty to justice

 

The Speaker of the Chamber of Deputies, Marcel Ciolacu, condemned, on Monday, the bloody attack in Istanbul, in which several people lost their lives.

“I strongly condemn the bloody attacks that took the lives of several innocent people and injured dozens in the explosion in Istanbul. There are no arguments for terror and I hope that the Turkish authorities will bring the guilty to justice,” Ciolacu wrote on Twitter.

 

Foreign Ministry: No Romanian citizens have been identified so far among the victims of the attack in Istanbul

 

The Romanian Foreign Affairs Ministry (MAE) announces that, so far, no Romanian citizens have been identified among the victims of the attack in Istanbul, and, at the level of the Consulate General, no requests for consular assistance have been received in connection with this incident.

The Foreign Affairs Ministry, through the Consulate General of Romania in Istanbul, took notice of the information that appeared in the local media regarding the explosion in the Istiklal pedestrian area in Istanbul and took steps with the local authorities to obtain additional information regarding to the citizenship, identity and situation of the affected persons, as well as the circumstances of the incident.

“Representatives of the Consulate General of Romania in Istanbul are continuing the dialogue with the local authorities, being prepared to provide consular assistance, if the situation requires it, according to the legal powers and according to requests,” representatives of the Ministry said.

The Ministry brings to mind that Romanian citizens can request consular assistance at the telephone numbers of the Consulate General of Romania in Istanbul +90 212 3583541, +90 212 3580516, +90 212 3583537, the calls being redirected to the Contact and Support Centre for Romanian Citizens Abroad (CCSCRS) and taken over by Call Centre operators round the clock.

Also, Romanian citizens who are facing a difficult, special, urgent situation have at their disposal the consular office’s emergency telephone number: +90 533 5420695.

 

Photo: Anadolu Agency

Related posts

Two suffer bad injuries in paraglider crash in Alba mountain area

Nine O' Clock

Woman and child die of smoke poisoning

Test

Argentina train crash injures hundreds in Buenos Aires

Nine O' Clock