Prime Minister Nicolae Ciuca said on Thursday that the government will approve the continuation of the “New Home” programme, with Finance Minister Adrian Caciu saying that the programme is capped at RON 1.5 billion, which could be supplemented.
“At today’s meeting, we will approve the continuation of the ‘New Home’ programme. It is a programme that has so far benefited approximately 330,000 young people and families who have purchased a home using these incentives, and I consider it to be an approach that the government has to continue to manage,” Ciuca told a meeting of the government on Thursday.
Finance Minister Adrian Caciu said that the programme, which has already been running for 13 years, “is a support measure, especially for young people, who are offered more favourable terms to buy a house than those on the market.”
“We are continuing this programme in 2023 with a cap of RON 1.5 billion to begin with. I say to begin with because I would like to raise the cap in mid-year,” said Caciu.
Ciuca added that the programme will be supplemented if economic growth is the same.
“There has to be demand form beneficiaries, potential beneficiaries, obviously, under the current circumstances, as interest rates are very high and the real estate market is asking a series of prices that from my point of view are higher than they should be. It is useful for the government to come up with this programme. Last but not least, the programme is also correlated with the tax incentives for the real estate area, namely with the 5% VAT and the area of a building that can be purchased under the New Home programme,” added Caciu , according to Agerpres.
PM requests Energy and Labour ministers to present plan to improve working conditions at Oltenia Energy Complex
Prime minister Nicolae Ciuca called on the ministers of Energy and Labour on Thursday to present at next week’s Government meeting a deadline for the implementation of a plan aimed at improving working conditions and safety in the workplace at the Oltenia Energy Complex (CEO).
He also asked the two ministers to continue providing the investigation bodies with all the necessary data regarding the work accident at the South Jilt Quarry in southwestern Gorj county.
The minister of Energy was requested to have all procurement contracts at the Oltenia Energy Complex checked and the reasons behind the non-provision of the necessary conditions for carrying out the activity, especially in the coal mining quarries, identified.
The prime minister recalled that at last week’s Government meeting he requested that the Ministry of Energy and the Ministry of Labor take the necessary steps to find out the causes of the Jilt accident and the working conditions.
An accident resulting in the death of three people and the injury of ten others took place on Tuesday, January 17, in the perimeter of the Jilt Sud quarry, within the Oltenia Energy Complex.
500 m RON at farmers’ disposal for state aids scheme reducing excise duty on diesel fuel
Farmers will have 500 million RON at their disposal within the state aid scheme reducing the excise duty on diesel fuel used in agriculture, Prime Minister Nicolae Ciuca announced on Thursday in the Government meeting.
“In respect to the continuation of the state aid programme reducing the excise duty on diesel fuel used by the farmers, at the Government level, we have decided to put 500 million RON at their disposal to carry on the state aid scheme, so that farmers can purchase the diesel fuel at lower prices and be also able to carry out the necessary works, because we have analyse very well and we have an agricultural potential which must be supported,” Nicolae Ciuca explained.
He brought to mind that the agriculture producers have also received support from the Executive through the facilities granted based on the Agro SMM Invest and Rural Invest programmes and, further on, solutions are being sought to increase yield and productivity in agriculture.
Compiled from Agerpres